I’ve been a member of the Texas Association of Authors for several years and for Indie Authors living in Texas, you won’t find more a comprehensive marketing avenue.
HERE ARE SOME THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT TXAUTHORS
TxAuthors was created in the summer of 2011 and continues to expand every year. Texas has an estimated 8,400 published authors and that number grows every year.
In 2016, we estimated our in-person outreach to 30,000 people, in addition to our Social Media following of over 25,000 people, to be a great value and resource in helping you get the word out about you and your book(s).
With each year, we continue to increase our outreach not only within the state but around the world.This alone is worth the membership price!
The only requirement for membership is one of the following items:
1 – You live in Texas and are a published author or
2 – Your heart is in Texas and you are a published author.
Below is everything that is included in our regular membership.
Plus, notice of new and exciting events that we create to help you market yourself and sell your books.
- Listing and ability to sell your book(s)on our bookstore website http://Books.TxAuthors.com
- Participation in the DEAR Texas event -listed on the website http://DearTexas.info
- Dear Texas Radio Interview – No Less than 2 times in a calendar year. The show is recorded live and then distributed as a Podcast on several channels.
- Listing on the Texas Authors Institute of History website with the opportunity to sell your book(s).
- Having your book(s) available for sale in our Pop-Up traveling bookstore. (In 2016 we did 15 events across the state of Texas)
- Access to the Members Only section of this website that has articles, links, and connections to a variety of items and people to help you grow in marketing your work.
- Major discounts on events and programs sponsored by TxAuthors, which includes our Annual Book Contest, Short Story Contest, Authors Marketing(http://Authors.Marketing) event and other programs.
- Access to Book Festival events at extremely low discounts
- Assistance in videotaping a book reading or interview for use on YouTube
- Listing on our YouTube channels
- Printing discounts for marketing materials by a Texas printer
- Weekly email newsletters with the latest information about TxAuthors and informative articles to help you succeed
- Use of eBook Download Card system to sell Mobi & ePub books yourself and make more money.
- Monthly tweets on 25 social media sites to over 30,000 followers and growing by 100 followers per week
- Plus access to the Book Festival Network program which increases your exposure at book festivals and on the internet.
All of the above services are included in your membership. Individually, you could spend up to $1,500 per year or more. The cost of these services and more is only $125 for your first-year membership. We do offer payment plans.
TxAuthors is designed to help YOU save money and time while gaining exposure, which equates to the opportunity for more book sales.